Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

1/20/12

He (She) Who Has Begun, Has Half Done.

I wouldn't say I'm half done packing as my title quote implies. I mean really I haven't even started yet. But, for the past couple weeks I've had this big blue IKEA bag in my room where I have just been throwing random things that I don't want to forget to bring with me.

Well today at work (after a rather large Amazon purchase) I started making a list of things I still need to get. Most of it is just basic things like Q-tips, razors, Gatorade powder and the random-ness continued from there. It was then that I got my very first (ready for the alliteration) Peace Corps Packing Panic. The list of random things just got longer and longer and I was like man where am I going to put all this stuff. So I decided when I got home from work I was just going to take over our "formal" living room a.k.a the one we don't use as much and just start spreading everything out that was in that bag to see what I have so far.



It made me feel a little less panicky (spelling? no k looked weird ha) for some reason I thought I had a lot more stuff hiding in that big blue IKEA bag.


Oh! I forgot to tell you guys. At my going away party my grandparents gave me an early (4 months early) birthday present .... a new suitcase with my initials on it and everything.


Not a very good picture. But it will have to do.




2 Comments:

At January 20, 2012 at 3:01 AM , Blogger Emily Zaideman said...

is that bananagrams? excellent. i'm still trying to figure out more fun things to bring. so far, i have a deck of cards... clearly, i have work to do.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes it is Bananagrams! I love it. I also have a deck of cards. I was thinking of bringing Catch Phrase, but I don't know if I want to worry about the batteries.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home