Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

4/24/12

Yet Another New Beginning!

Its official ... I am now a real deal Peace Corps Volunteer. I am no longer a trainee. I have stood up in front of the American Ambassador to Paraguay and Sworn/Affirmed to protect and defend the constitution of the United States of America and all that jazz. I took the same oath that the President of the United States takes.



The past few days we all have been staying in Asuncion (the capital) to celebrate being volunteers and spending our last few moments together before we go off to site on our own.


The Presidential Palace

But today is that day my friends. The day I go off to my site, by myself, where I will be living for the next 24 months! The first 3 or so months I won't really be doing any work. Just hanging out and getting to know my community. So let the adventure begin.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 24, 2012 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Cailyn said...

Kelley this is so exciting and this is a great idea to have a blog! I just found a blog a guy from JMU wrote while in the Peace Corps so you might find it interesting? But you can read it in all the spare time I'm sure you don't have!
http://waidsworld.wordpress.com/
good luck and congratulations!
Cailyn

 
At April 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So great Kelley. You will have the most awesome, scarey, wonderful, confusing, learning time of your life thus far. How lucky you are. You will represent our country well.
Proud of you,
Lynne Layton

 
At April 24, 2012 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Joyce said...

SO much love to you, babe! I'm so excited for you - keep posting and keep enjoying 'the toughest job'!
Love,
Momma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home