Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

9/27/13

Freak Storm!

This past Saturday there was a freak storm in my community and the surrounding area. I wasn't actually at my house when it happened, but, I've heard from other volunteers that it was intense. Luckily, my house was ok, only had a small hole in the roof. But, other volunteers weren't so lucky, two in my area lost their roofs entirely. There was a lot of damage done, some people's houses were completely destroyed. My community also didn't get electricity back until Wednesday. Things are finally getting back on track and repairs being made.


Here are some pictures of the damage:

Holes made in a tin roof from hail (Photo credit: CCAB)

Roofs completely torn off houses (Photo credit: Meagan Terry PCV)

Buildings destroyed (Photo credit: Prensa 5 )


Giant trees uprooted (Photo credit : Meagan Terry PCV)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home