Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

8/16/12

Catching up.

I haven't written in a while for 2 reasons.

First off in the first week of August I had Reconnect. All of G-38 came together in our training communities to have a week-long language and technical training. It was great to see all my G-mates again! I had missed them. It was also good to see my original host family again.  I had missed them too.

The second reason is that the day after Reconnect training ended my sister Rachel came to visit! It was my first visitor in Paraguay (hopefully not my last) She was only here for 8 days, which for future visitors is not enough time! It seemed like a very short trip. The night she got in we stayed in Asuncion because she had been traveling for over 24 hours. The next morning we left for a few days in my site. She got to meet my host family, spend time with my neighbors and see my new house. Then we went back to Asuncion for a few days to see the sights. It was a blast. Here are a few pictures from her visit.

My next door neighbors
The crossroads of my site
The Presidential Palace

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful where you live. I know you miss your American family, but you will also miss Paraguay when you have to leave.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home