Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

7/4/12

Happy Birthday America!

Thinking back over the years I think this is my first 4th of July being spent in a foreign country. Its a little strange because this day is just like any other to Paraguayans. I'm normally at the beach, or a cookout going to see fireworks later tonight. But today my day has been just like any other. Luckily, volunteers in PC Paraguay got to celebrate Independence Day, just a little earlier than usual. This past weekend all the volunteers were invited to the big party at the American Embassy. Let me just say I had a great time. It definitely felt like an afternoon spent in America. There were Hot Dogs and Hamburgers and a Dessert Bake-Off (and don't worry I was a very fair judge I made sure to taste EVERY dessert ... twice.) One of the best parts is there was good beer! Lets just say the beer here is not the best it was nice to have a Coors Light or Corona. There were also lots of fun and games, Tug-of-War, Three-Legged Race, Egg Toss and a Raffle. Overall it was a great way to spend my first (but not last) Independence Day abroad. 

The Aftermath of our table at lunch. We went a little over board.

Three-Legged Race

Paraguayans who worked for the Embassay, Peace Corps or USAID were invited as well.

G-38 Tug-of-War Team


Reppin' my Red White and Blue

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home