Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

9/1/12

Toughest Job You'll Ever Love.

When I first heard this tagline about the Peace Corps ... "The toughest job you'll ever love" I probably thought something along the lines of "oh, how clever, I do enjoy a good catchphrase." But, now almost 7 months into my service I can't begin to tell you how incredibly true it is. I hope whoever came up with it got paid the big bucks because I can honestly not think of any better way to describe this "job."

There are days that you wake up and everything just seems to go wrong, days that you wake up but you don't necessarily want to get up, seeing people and interacting with them is just too much to handle. There are days, days that EVERY volunteer will have, where you wonder what you are doing here and whether it wouldn't just be easier to go home. 

I heard a fellow PCV say that  Peace Corps isn't a one-time decision. It is a decision that you make every morning when you get out of bed a decision to keep going to power through the hard times and make it out on the other side because its worth it.

In my last post I may have complained a little bit, (Which will happen in the span of two years) and yes having my little host brother and sister come over whenever they want can be annoying, as annoying as any little brother or sister can be sometimes. Yes, there are incredibly tough days in the Peace Corps, but there are incredibly tough days in life. I love it here so far and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else at this point in my life.



And honestly how could you not love seeing these little faces every day. 




Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so smart. Once you understand that 99% of the job is getting up & getting there you've got it made for the rest of your life. And what other job would give you these little guys who will remember you for the rest of their lives? Lynne Layton

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home