Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

7/1/14

Rosemary Butter Cookies

When it comes to deserts just give me some chocolate drizzled on chocolate with chocolate stuffed inside and more chocolate sprinkled on top. However, a couple years ago I was at a 4th of July party where there was a desert bake-off. Being a good judge I had to test all the desserts, you know so I could be impartial. There were brownies, double chocolate chip cookies, fudge, it was a chocolate lovers dream however, to my surprise my favorite dessert that day were the Rosemary cookies. 

Rosemary cookies, sounds weird I know. But, let me tell you they are amazing. Now, I have finally found a recipe that lives up to the memory. I recently made them for my boyfriend, he is a chocolate aficionado like me, but he couldn't get enough of these sweet and savory treats. You can find the recipe in Martha Stewart's cookbook, Cookies. These cookies go great with milk, or nice warm cup of tea or serve them up at your next party and I guarantee they'll be a hit.


Rosemary Butter Cookies:

- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2.5 cups of flour
- fresh rosemary
- salt

Step 1:
First, mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add the vanilla and egg. Finally mix in the rosemary, salt and flour. (I found it best to chop to the rosemary a bit, the whole stems tended to get stuck in my teeth)

Step 2:
Next roll the dough into a log from. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour or until firm.

Step 3:
Finally, Martha Stewart's recipe said to brush with egg white and then dip in sugar. But, I found even with out the egg white the sugar stuck to the sides of the cookies. Your call. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until the edges turn golden.










Have you ever tried a new recipe, something different than you typically eat, and love it?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At July 1, 2014 at 8:38 AM , Anonymous Margo said...

Mmmm, these looks so easy but so yummy! I love rosemary so I'm definitely pocketing this. :)

 
At July 1, 2014 at 12:15 PM , Anonymous Breanna said...

I would have never thought to put rosemary in cookies! You have me curious now...

 
At July 1, 2014 at 12:16 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

They are so simple! But, be careful they are extremely addicting :)

 
At July 1, 2014 at 2:47 PM , Anonymous Polly said...

Huh. I have a whole patch of rosemary that is taking over my little garden box. I think we've found a winner recipe!

 
At July 1, 2014 at 3:01 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

I know its a unique combination, but, trust me you won't regret it!

 
At July 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Do it! They are so delicious. I regularly make them so I always have some around.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home