Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

8/21/14

My First Weekend Home and a Bachelorette Party

 So remember how in my last post I talked about how American was overwhelming me? Well I had to forget all about that an hit the ground running my first weekend back in the States. One of my best friends is getting married in September and this past weekend was her bachelorette party. This was a weekend of firsts for me, my first ever bachelorette party and the first time seeing some of my best friends in over 30 months (except through the magic of Skype.)

For the first event of the day we went to the Siloppana Music Festival in Annapolis, MD, and for all of those who missed the obvious (like I did) the name of the festival is Annapolis spelled backwards. It was a beautiful day with amazing weather (and go me, no sunburn!). There were numerous great food trucks, offering a variety of food. Of course being a Maryland resident, I had missed out on eating crab for two summers in row, so I got a Crabby Patty, which was a cheeseburger with crab dip on top and it was incredible. There was also a wide variety of beer offered which thrilled me after two years of drinking watered down beer of Paraguay. It was a really fun day of listening to great music, dancing and just acting a fool with all my friends. 


*the bachelorette on the right

*Corey - one of the "bridesmaids"


At night, the bachelorette paraphernalia came out and the whole gang went out for dinner in downtown Annapolis and then went bar hopping for a night a fun and festivities. 




I don't know if I just can't handle America or I'm getting too old (never!) but, I slept all day Sunday to recover.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 22, 2014 at 7:37 AM , Anonymous Sonja Müller said...

The pics look super fun! Hope you had a great time. xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home