Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

6/4/14

Round the World Bucket List

I have been lucky in my life to have had to the chance to travel to so many incredible places and see so many incredible things. But, there is still so much more out there to see, so many places to visit and so many things to do. The world is full of endless wonders and I want to see them all. I thought I would share with you my current travel bucket list. I wanted to keep it at 25, that was impossible so here are the 50 places I want to see and things I want to do before I die.  Some of them I have been able to check off the list.

1. Visit all seven continents -- 4 down, 3 to go

2. Go white water rafting -- In my head its in Costa Rica, but anywhere will do

3. See the Northern Lights

4. Go to Easter Island - I have been completely fascinated by this place since watching a video in high school Spanish class.


5. Get invited to an Indian wedding -- They look incredibly fun and are so colorful

6. Become friends with an elephant -- Elephants are my all time favorite animal. I would love to go somewhere like an orphanage where I can get up close and personal with one.

7. Travel on a boat down the Amazon

8. Learn to Scuba Dive

9. Attend the World Cup, Olympics and Wimbledon

10. Fly first class

11. Float in the Dead Sea

12. Visit Oktoberfest in Munich -- Last time I was in Munich my hotel was right across from the fair grounds where they hold it, I was just a few months early

13. Learn to surf

14. Fly in a Hot Air Balloon

'istanbul-17092009-8' photo (c) 2009, Jackson Gibbs - license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/ 
15. Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Ireland

16. Go on a bike wine tour in France (or Mendoza or both)

17. Climb an active volcano in Hawaii

18. Go on yoga retreat in India

19. Take a Salt Flats tour in Bolivia

20. See Angkor Wat

P21. Live Abroad -- I think 2.5 years in Paraguay counts 

22. See La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona - This church just fascinates me. The architecture is amazing.
'La Sagrada Familia' photo (c) 1993, MCAD Library - license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
23. Road trip through Ireland

24. Visit Namibia's Skeleton Coast

25. Take part in the Holi Festival in India -- Again so many colors
'Holi | Festival of Colors 2014' photo (c) 2014, Steven Gerner - license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
26. Go to TomorrowLand, Glastonbury and Coachella music festivals

27. Tour the Galapagos Islands

28. Go to Vietnam

29. Visit all 50 states

30. See the Terracotta Warriors in Xian, China

31.  See Niagra Falls, Iguazu Falls and Victoria Falls -- I got to visit Iguazu Falls twice during my Peace Corps service


32. Stroll down the Avenue of the Baobabs in  Madagascar

33. Eat sushi in Japan

34. Go to the Florida Keys

35. See Stonehenge

36. Travel on the Trans-Siberian Railroad

P37. Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef -- One of the coolest things I have ever done on my first ever trip abroad

38. Take a cross-country road trip

39. Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge - I was too young to go without a parent last time I went to Australia

40. See the Gorillas in Uganda

41. Visit Petra, Jordan

P42. Ride in a Gondola in Venice -- It was romantic experience just like I thought but very expensive


43. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans

44. Take a boat ride down the Milford Sound, New Zealand

45. Take a ride on the London Eye

46. Go on an Alaskan Cruise

47. Trek up Machu Picchu 

48. See Tikal in Guatemala -- I have been to Guatemala twice and never had to chance to make it there

49. Visit Cuba

50. Go to Iceland's Blue Lagoon

What is on your bucket list?

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At June 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM , Anonymous Helene said...

this is awesome! my favorite is the festivals, of course!! tomorrowland is a must!

 
At June 4, 2014 at 4:07 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

I know! I've made a goal to make it there either next year or 2016.

 
At June 4, 2014 at 5:37 PM , Anonymous Camila said...

What a wonderful list! So many of those are definitely on my list as well! I definitely want to go to the Galapagos! and cruise up in Alaska and trek up Machu Picchu! I always wanted to go to Easter Island and when I learned it was a part of Chile I was like 'yay I can totally do that' then I saw the flight costs :S it was like a cold shower! Also if I can give you a little advice, I would perhaps avoid the Holi festival in India, a friend who is from Delhi told me it's very unsafe because people put anything in their powder! I participated in Holi while I was in the UK and all the powder was provided and was organic and all, it was super! And so jealous you've been to the Great Barrier Reef!

 
At June 4, 2014 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Thanks! Yea, I was a little bummed when I saw how much it cost to fly to Easter Island, but, its one of those things that I have to do no matter what. So one day I'll bit the bullet and make it out there.

 
At June 5, 2014 at 6:10 AM , Anonymous Kelly Rodriguez said...

Love your list! Walking the Camino de Santiago is on my list for sure. New follower. :-)


Kelly
www.alovelylifeindeed.com

 
At June 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Thanks for following. I actually hadn't heard about the Camino de Santiago until recently, but it definitely seems like it would be amazing.

 
At June 6, 2014 at 11:15 AM , Anonymous Joyce said...

So...the above list:
2) check. Snake River in Wyoming with you-know-who.
7) Does a boat trip on the Essequibo and Demerara Rivers in Guyana count? I think it might.
14) Done - kinda. Balloon was tethered. At the time, I was OK with that.
29) 48 down. The obvious 2 to go - we can check off 17 when we go.

 
At June 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM , Anonymous Jenn said...

These are some great goals and I hope you achieve them all :)

 
At June 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Thank you! :)

 
At June 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

But you had great company for #31! Even if it was only once.

 
At June 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM , Anonymous Joyce said...

The best company. Hugs.

 
At June 8, 2014 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Katie said...

The hot air balloon pic you have is from Cappadocia, Turkey! If you can manage to go hot ballooning there, I highly recommend it (even though it's super expensive). You can't find scenery like that anywhere else in the world!

 
At June 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

I know! It looks pretty epic, I hope to make it there one day.

 
At June 10, 2014 at 7:30 AM , Anonymous Sonja Müller said...

I would love to visit a French wineyard and see how they make it behind the scenes. Plus set foot on all continents until I am 30. Your first point. Great list!

 
At June 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Thank you! I am a big fan of wine so seeing how it is made would be an awesome experience!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home