Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

8/25/14

DIY - Glitter Champagne Bottle

I was browsing through Pinterest one day and came a cross a DIY tutorial posted on Whitney's blog on how to glitter a champagne bottle. With the bachelorette party coming up I knew this would be the perfect gift! Being my first ever attempted DIY project from Pinterest I was a little nervous, but I think they turned out great.


Here is what you will need:

- Champagne Bottle (duh!)
- Modge Podge
- Glitter
- Finishing spray
- Small paint brush


So here is how you do it. In small sections paint the modge podge onto the bottle and then sprinkle glitter on top. You will want to cover the entire bottle, framing the labels. Once you have finished and let it dry completely, spray it with the finishing spray. Spray from a distance, not directly on the bottle, otherwise it could make the glitter less bright and sparkly. So simple, right! 



Here are a few tips I learned along the way. First make sure you have a nice open space to do this, preferable cover with newspaper or something because if you are anything like me you will make a mess. Second, make sure to wash the paint brush immediatly or it will be ruined forever (sorry Mom!). Finally, this was just a personal preference because I don't have the steadiest of hands, I used tape to frame the labels to make the whole process easier!

The bottles were definitely a hit at the party! They could work as a party favor or present for almost any occasion and they are seriously so easy to make. 



Have you ever attempted a DIY project you found on Pinterest? How did it turn out?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home