Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

10/24/14

A Visit to the Baltimore Aquarium

I hadn't been to the Baltimore Aquarium in over 10 years ... actually it had probably been longer then that, since elementary school. When deciding what to see on Jose's one day in Baltimore, he expressed interest in going to the Aquarium and I'm not going to lie I was not too excited. 

Well, this is probably the only time you'll here me say this, but I was crazy wrong.

It was amazing! It is set in such a great way as to guide you through the whole aquarium in a captivating way.















The jellyfish exhibit was by far my favorite part, which surprised me too, since I swore to hate them forever after being stung by one while wakeboarding in the Chesapeake Bay. But, I was amazed at how beautiful they were and how many different types of jellyfish there are.








 We paid the $5 upgrade to see the 4-D movie experience. 4-D means there are smells, things sprayed at you, poking you and much more. It was awesome, I highly recommend it!




 After the Aquarium we headed to the most touristy restaurant I could think of, the Hard Rock Cafe at the Inner Harbor.

 (I find this picture hilarious, like we are the king and queen of Hard Rock)

 Then we wandered around the the Inner Harbor looking at a few of the big ships that were still in the harbor after the 200th anniversary celebration of the writing of the Star-Spangled Banner.







Have you ever been to an aquarium? How about Baltimore?

First Entry: 9am Last Entry: 4pm (M-Th) 8pm (Fri) 5pm (Sat-Sun)
Admission: $34.95
4-D Movie Experience: $5

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At October 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous Camila said...

I LOVE aquariums so much - the sea kind of scares me because of how deep it is, how crazy it is and how many things are concealed in it. And I have to say your photos are beautiful - I always have the hardest time taking photos in aquariums!

 
At October 26, 2014 at 6:58 PM , Anonymous Kitty said...

I've never been to Baltimore yet, but I hope to in the future. I've definitely been to plenty of aquariums though! They're very relaxing.


http://undecidedanswer.wordpress.com

 
At October 27, 2014 at 1:52 AM , Anonymous Sonja Müller said...

Love the quotes about the ocean! I really enjoyed a visit to the aquarium back in Berlin. It is really something both kids and adults enjoy these days.

 
At October 28, 2014 at 1:49 AM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Thanks so much! I know it is insane how many types of fish and different animals there are out there!

 
At October 28, 2014 at 1:50 AM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Now that I think about it, the Baltimore Aquarium is the only one I have been to! I'll have to change that one day

 
At October 28, 2014 at 1:51 AM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

I know I loved the quotes too! They do such a great job of highlighting everything that they have there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home