Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

9/2/14

My 5 Post Peace Corps Goals

I have officially been back in the United States for three weeks and to say it has been an overwhelming three weeks in an understatement. Everything from driving, large crowds of people, grocery stores and bachelorette parties can be a staggering experience. But, now I'm starting to get back into the swing of things, figuring out the next step. But, in the mean time I have a lot of free time and so I've made a list of goals to keep myself busy while I figure out what is next.

*quality Sister time, now that I'm back

1. Get back into a regular workout routine. Now that I have access to a gym again, I want to start working out on a regular basis, to say that the during the Peace Corps I wasn't in the best shape is definitely an understatement.

2. Learn French! I'll still need to keep up with my Spanish but, I've always wanted to learn French. So I'm starting off slow with this free website, Duolingo, and maybe later I'll look for a tutor or conversation group. Spanish and French are so similar it will hopefully make it a little easier.

3. Attempt another Pinterest DIY project. I already have had one Pinterest DIY project success with the glittered champagne bottles, so I want t keep the success rolling and try something else.

4. Read. I'm currently reading How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents, after that I want to read some books from some of my favorite authors, Margaret Atwood, Barbara Kingsolver or Tana French. If you have any other books you think I'd love I could always use a good recommendation.

5. Plan the best visit ever for José. My boyfriend, José is coming to visit the United States for 18 days. This will be his first visit to America and I want to make it the best trip ever. We'll be heading to Las Vegas for my best friends wedding, New York, Washington DC, Baltimore and Annapolis. I'm counting down the days until he gets here.


Do you have any goals for the next few months?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM , Anonymous esther julee said...

whoa that's a crazy US tour!! :) i'm sure you both will have a fantastic time. Where did you do your peace corps?

 
At September 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM , Anonymous Helene said...

excellent goals!! you can do it!

 
At September 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

I know! I am going to need about a week of sleep after the whole thing is over. I was a Peace Corps volunteer in a rural community in Paraguay, South America

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home