Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

9/4/14

Yoga Workshop in DC with Rachel Brathen

If you have been following along with this blog in the last several months you know that I've been trying to step up my yoga game and one of my biggest inspirations in this endeavor has been Rachel Brathen or better known by her Instagram handle @yoga_girl. She's always good some great inspirational words and pictures.

So when I saw that she was hosting a yoga workshop in DC I jumped at the chance to attend. Now at this point I wouldn't call myself extremely proficient at yoga, still trucking along at beginner status. I started to get a little nervous when I got there, every one seemed to be way more advanced then I was. But, I'm glad I stayed. She did a great job of breaking everything down into simple terms and not making me feel embarrassed for being at a lower level then most of the others. She also did a great job of forcing us to reach out and get to know the other people in attendance.



It was an incredible workout and I was definitely feeling sore the next morning. I'm so glad I didn't psyche myself out about being at a lower level and stuck with it. It was great inspiration to keep  me going and motivated. 

Have you ever attended an exercise workshop?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 4, 2014 at 10:52 AM , Anonymous Kate Jordan said...

I'd love to attend a yoga workshop! I have found a couple here in Germany that I need to try out when I have some more time. I love me some yoga! ;)

 
At September 5, 2014 at 1:04 AM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Do it! I had so much fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home