Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

10/28/14

World Traveler in Exile - Life Update


When I started this blog I was embarking on the adventure of a lifetime, moving to Paraguay and joining the Peace Corps. I had so many new and exciting experiences to write about.

Now, that I have moved back home, I'm not traveling as often, if at all. I'm studying for the GRE because I've decided to apply to grad school and in the meantime I'm looking for jobs because, lets face it, I'm broke. 

Due to all of these changes I found myself writing less and less about travel because I'm not doing as much of it. So I've decided to let my blog continue to move into this next phase. Don't worry i'll still be writing about travel, I will always write about travel, its in my blood. But, it will probably be more local travel like my last few posts on the Aquarium in Baltimore and my afternoon in Annapolis

Also I hope continue to include more things that I love, more things that are relevant to my life, things like recipes I love, DIY projects that I can attempt now that I have access to the supplies and just more every day life things. 

So I hope you guys stick with me through this transition and continue to follow along on my adventure! 

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At October 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous WorldWideVegetarian said...

Ah, I can recognize the DC metro in your background! As a travel in exile here in DC, I have actually been able to re-discover DC, there is actually a lot going on here, and some very interesting places to visit. I know it is not nearly the same, but I figure, why neglect my own city! My sister is currently studying for the GRE as well, I have sympathy for you both..
Katie
http://www.worldwidevegetarian.com

 
At October 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM , Anonymous Crystal Turpin said...

Good luck studying for the GRE! You'll do awesome...I took mine in Seoul and almost had a panic attack just trying to find the place so I would just say stay calm and the rest will take care of itself! What are you looking at grad school for?

 
At October 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

I completely agree! I am excited to explore parts of DC I haven't seen or parts I haven't seen since I was a kid, and also the surrounding area in Maryland and Virginia!

 
At October 28, 2014 at 2:21 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Thank you! I'm applying to a few different international development/public health programs!

 
At October 31, 2014 at 7:10 AM , Anonymous Camila said...

aw good luck with this new transition! I know how tough it is to get home after being away for so long! But I've liked your local adventures and will look forward to where you're heading next :)

 
At November 4, 2014 at 1:18 AM , Anonymous Sonja Müller said...

No worries Kelley, I totally get you. My travel life lately was also not as exciting as in the beginning of this year. That is normal. I will follow up with your daily adventures anyway. xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home