Move by Yourself <data:blog.pageName/>

10/13/14

Beach Day - Ocean City, Maryland

If you didn't know Paraguay is a land locked country, so when I lived there I went over a year and a half without seeing the ocean, thankfully I took a vacation to Uruguay or it would have been longer than that; and José has only been to the ocean once in his life, when he took a vacation to Brazil. So, when we were planning his visit he insisted on a day at the beach. 

His time here was planned down to the minute almost, so we had only really had one day available to take the two hour drive from my hometown to the eastern shore of Maryland, to Ocean City, and of course that one day turned out to be gloomy, chilly and rainy. But, we made the best of it!

When we got there we headed straight to the beach since there was a break from the rain. It took a little mental preparation but we finally persuaded ourselves to jump in the water. It was chilly but the waves were great.






After jumping the waves it was to cold to just lay out on the beach so we changed and headed for another first for José ... mini golf! Of course right when we started playing the rain started but we had a great time and I'd like to blame beginners luck because I lost.



Next stop was the infamous Ocean City board walk where we walked around, bought fudge, hit the arcade, watched street performers and overall had the perfect Ocean City day. We finished it off with a great meal at my favorite OC restaurant (and my former employer), Macky's!






Despite the rain we had an amazing day! And special thanks to my sister who doesn't appear in any of these pictures because she was playing photographer for the day.


Did you ever have a day when things weren't going your way (aka - a bad weather day) but, things turned out great in the end?

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 13, 2014 at 6:27 AM , Anonymous Camila said...

Aw the temperature doesn't look great and yet you guys look like you had the most fun! It's happened to me once - I think the company and the mood really is what counts! It could be miserable but with the right people it could turn out all right :)

 
At October 14, 2014 at 2:12 PM , Anonymous Jenn said...

I could definitely use some Mackey's in my life ... and Thrashers fries :)

 
At October 14, 2014 at 10:58 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

I think you are exactly right! The company makes a huge difference.

 
At October 14, 2014 at 10:59 PM , Anonymous Kelley @ Move By Yourself said...

Now you got me craving Thrashers fries ...! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home